Technical SEO Associate
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing agency that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, BetterUp, and Honey. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization. We are a fully distributed team that is dedicated to creating an environment where you do the best work of your career. With headquarters in San Francisco and team members across the United States, Canada, Latin America and Europe, we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We’re looking for a Technical SEO Associate who will be responsible for supporting the team with the execution of best-in-class growth strategies for our clients. This role requires you to be resourceful, creative, and attentive to detail. You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration. This is a fully remote opportunity.
To learn more about Graphite, please visit the following links:
What you’ll do:
- You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Growth.
- You will support the execution of complex, large-scale, time-critical projects in collaboration with internal and external cross-functional teams.
- You will work directly with growth and marketing executives at high-growth consumer tech companies, providing growth recommendations and collaborating across growth initiatives.
- You will work with to identify high-impact technical SEO optimization opportunities across our enterprise level partners
- You will coordinate with the Data Science team to perform analysis on organic traffic changes and communicate learnings and insights to partners.
- You will support other project Leads and external teams as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Attention to detail.
- You are extremely data-driven and you have an analytical mindset
- 2+ years of experience working with GoogleSheets, and/or Excel (VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables and creating formulas) in a data collection/presentation capacity.
- Experience with Google Drive and other Google creative properties, including Google Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines with consistency & balance multiple competing projects at the same time
- Great written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience working with SEO tools (Screaming Frog, Google Search Console)
- Experience working with web developers in a deployment and/or QA capacity
- This is not a client facing role, but previous experience working with clients in English is a plus
What you’ll learn:
- Programmatic SEO: Beyond best practices, we build SEO engines that scale. Indexation and architectural components, testing infrastructure, and high quality dynamically created local and marketplace content that fulfills the user’s intent
- Premium Data-Driven Content: Data-driven approaches often lead to heavily optimized mediocrity. Premium approaches often lead to beautiful content with an uncertain return on investment. Often companies either have low-quality data-driven content or premium content based on intuition. We use proprietary technology that leverages data to quantify the largest opportunities within the content and combine this with a premium editorial style guide to produce content that is both delightful and drives conversions
- Growth Design: Based on 10+ years of experience and testing, we provide custom design solutions to dramatically increase key conversion funnels such as New User Experience (NUX), Authentication (Signup & Login), Commerce (Purchase & Cart), and App Growth (New Downloads & Retention)
- Team & Process: In order to build a sustainable robust growth strategy, we focus on building teams and processes that can be successful well beyond our engagement. This starts with creating scalable systems and continues by developing iterative growth processes and teams that can continuously launch improvements that grow conversions
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view the process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across the United States, Canada, Latin America and Europe. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly
Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.