Sr Content Manager
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Thumbtack. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization.
We are a distributed team with members across the United States and Latin America, and we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We’re looking for a remote Senior Content Manager who will be responsible for defining, creating, and executing content and editorial strategies for our top tier clients, as well as managing a team of Content Managers. This role requires you to be an experienced content strategist who can drive both creative and strategic wins for a variety of clients, as well as successfully manage a team.
You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration. You feel comfortable owning an entire strategy, presenting to and communicating with executive team members, and managing multiple direct reports.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with client executives and team members to define, design, and execute a content and editorial strategy that drives results
- Present content strategies, roadmaps, and milestones to client executives and team members
- Manage an in-house team of Content Managers and UX designers, as well as manage and collaborate with client teams (writers, graphic designers, videographers, etc.) to drive projects forward quickly and efficiently
- Write, edit, and proofread content created in-house and by client teams to ensure all published content meets the highest standards of quality
- Manage the scope, timeline, and KPIs for content strategies across multiple clients and multiple platforms at a time. You will ultimately be responsible for the success of all content projects.
- Formulate cross-platform content strategies that support company objectives and desired brand identity
- Provide editorial, creative, and technical support to team members.
- Guide the process of copy optimization, writing copy that is optimized for SEO while remaining entertaining and informative
- Stay abreast of current best practices in the industry and review competitor websites to compare their activities with those of your company
What you’ll need:
- Strong content skills and experience owning a successful content strategy
- Ability to create and publish engaging content that establishes or supports company and brand goals
- Expertise with using SEO best practices to write creative copy that includes effective keyword placement
- Strong managerial skills and experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Humanities, or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly computer literate and knowledge of HTML
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
- Strong technical knowledge of G Suite
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.