Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Honey. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization.
We are a fully distributed team that is dedicated to creating an environment where you do the best work of your career. With headquarters in San Francisco and team members across the United States, Latin America, and Asia, we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Growth who will be responsible for defining and executing a best-in-class growth strategy for our top tier partners. Your primary responsibility will be to gain a deep understanding of our partners’ businesses in order to drive key business results via process-driven SEO, content strategy, mobile app growth and conversion optimization. In this role, you will own critical strategic initiatives for high growth tech companies. This role requires you to be resourceful, creative and persistent to make growth marketing a successful strategic initiative for partners.
Why you’re excited about this role:
- You will own the strategy and execution of complex, large-scale, time-critical projects in collaboration with internal and external cross-functional teams
- You will work directly with growth and marketing executives at high growth consumer tech companies, providing growth recommendations and collaborating across growth initiatives
- You will craft compelling business cases for growth marketing projects including opportunity sizing with Analytics and Finance teams
- You will identify, evaluate, and prioritize scalable web platform and page-level SEO projects based on traffic and revenue growth opportunities
- You will forecast performance, set targets, build reporting, and communicate pacing towards targets
- You will conduct A/B tests that optimize the overall marketing program and the marketing initiatives that you champion
- You will coordinate with the Data Science team to perform analysis on organic traffic changes and communicate learnings and insights to partners
- You will track performance and learnings across all partner growth initiatives and present project wins and challenges to partner executive team
- You will help the internal Data Science team evaluate and prioritize new product opportunities by providing product requirements and product value based on your insights from partners
Why we’re excited about you:
- You are eager to be the best at what you do and you are excited to apply your strategic thinking skills and growth experience to develop and execute strategic growth initiatives across multiple companies in a variety of industries
- You are comfortable defining and owning a strategic roadmap, as well as the execution of the roadmap. You are able to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and content teams both internally at Graphite and externally at partner companies to drive progress and achieve goals.
- You are a creative problem-solver. You are able to translate learnings and insights from growth initiatives in one category to innovative solutions for another category.
- You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills and you are comfortable doing so in a fast-paced environment.
- You are an excellent communicator and can present to CEOs and top executives, as well as dive into the details with content creators and engineers. You can operate at 30,000 feet and 500 feet.
- You are comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
What expertise you’ll need:
- Data Analysis: Exceptional data analysis skills (you’ll drive the data analysis vision and execution for your projects in collaboration with our internal Data Science team)
- Product: Excellent product sense and the ability to solve challenging problems with simple elegant product solutions on both web and mobile platforms
- Acquisition & Activation: Experience owning and driving successful user acquisition and activation strategies on mobile and/or web.
- Content: Strong understanding of content marketing and content growth strategies.
- Web & App: Strong understanding of how the web and native app ecosystems work
- Tools: Experience working with a number of data and product tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Asana, Jira, etc.)
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and the ability to present priorities, opportunities, challenges and business cases at both a high-level and in detail to partner teams
What you’ll learn:
- Beyond best-practices, we build SEO engines that scale. Indexation and architectural components, testing infrastructure, and high quality dynamically created local and marketplace content that fulfill the user’s intent.
Premium Data-Driven Content
- Data driven approaches often lead to heavily optimized mediocrity. Premium approaches often lead to beautiful content with uncertain return on investment.
- Often companies either have low quality data-driven content, or premium content based on intuition. We use proprietary technology that leverages data to quantify the largest opportunities within content, and combine this with a premium editorial style guide to produce content that is both delightful and drives conversions.
- Based on 10+ years of experience and testing, we provide custom design solutions to dramatically increase key conversion funnels such as New User Experience (NUX), Authentication (Signup & Login), Commerce (Purchase & Cart), and App Growth (New Downloads & Retention).
Team & Process
- In order to build a sustainable robust growth strategy, we focus on building teams and processes that can be successful well beyond our engagement. This starts with creating scalable systems and continues by developing iterative growth processes and teams that can continuously launch improvements that grow conversions.
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.