Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Honey. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization.
We are a fully distributed team that is dedicated to creating an environment where you do the best work of your career. With headquarters in San Francisco and team members across the United States, Latin America, and Asia, we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We’re looking for a remote Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer who has proficient knowledge with applying modern advanced analytics methods (predictive modeling, Machine Learning, and optimization), as well as a solid grasp of the mathematics used for each method and strong Python coding skills to develop numerical models. You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
- Several openings for Junior, Mid and Senior Data Scientists.
- This is a fully remote job opportunity
- Interested candidates are required to work on US business hours.
- English resume is required.
What you’ll do:
- Build the machine learning and data analysis systems that power Graphite’s AI for Content tools
- Develop ML and NLP algorithms in Python to help the top consumer tech companies we work with grow
- Conduct data analyses to support decision making and create tools to democratize data access
- Work collaboratively with engineers to develop scalable APIs, services, and tools
What you’ll need:
- Experience building ML systems AND/OR experience mining actionable insights from data
- Experience writing code in Python
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Self-motivated and excited about working on hard problems
- Fluent English speaking skills.
Bonus if you have:
- SQL and experience with data warehouses like BigQuery
- AWS or GCP experience
- Experience with ETL, data pipelines, Spark, etc.
- Expertise in Deep Learning, NLP, Search, Recommender Systems, etc.
- Expertise in statistics and statistical hypothesis testing
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.