Data / Backend Engineer
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Thumbtack. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization.
We are a small team based in San Francisco with a distributed team in Latin America and we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We’re looking for a remote Data / Backend Engineer who will be responsible for building data systems in collaboration with Graphite’s Data Scientists and Growth Managers. This role requires you to be creative, motivated, and resourceful.
You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Build backend systems and infrastructure to power Graphite’s content analysis tools
- Develop scalable APIs and services using AWS and GCP to help the top consumer tech companies we work with grow
- Implement data pipelines and ETL jobs to process large data sets
- Work collaboratively with Data Scientists to build data analysis and machine learning systems
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated experience building and shipping production software
- Expertise in Python
- Extensive experience with AWS or GCP
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with ETL, data pipelines, Spark, etc.
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience/interest in functional programming
- Front end development experience
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.